Find out more about the benefits of becoming a Knights of Columbus member
by contacting one of our representatives.
Benefits of Membership
- Columbia Magazine – Free subscription to the Order’s award-winning magazine examining issues of concern to Knights, Catholics and families
- Knights of Columbus rosary – Blessed by the supreme chaplain, presented during the Admission Degree to each new member
- Daily Mass of Remembrance at St. Mary’s Church – Mass for deceased members and their wives at the birthplace of the Order
- Insurance – Access to a portfolio of top-quality life insurance, long-term care and annuity products exclusive for members and their families
- Family Fraternal Benefit – For eligible families: a) pays $1,500 for the child who dies before the age of 61 days; b) pays $750 for the child who is stillborn at least 20 weeks after conception; c) offers guaranteed-issue insurance – up to $5,000 – to any child under age 18
- Orphan Benefit – $80 monthly allotment for orphans of eligible families; up to $7,000 in college scholarships available
- Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit – Accidental death coverage for member and spouse at no cost
- Widow Benefits – a) continues to be covered under the Member/Spouse Fraternal Benefit; b) may purchase life insurance, long-term care insurance or annuities up to one year after insured member’s death; c) receives a free lifetime subscription to Columbia; d) eligible with her children for scholarships, student loans, etc.
- Scholarships – Scholarship programs for higher education available to members, their spouses and children
- Leadership Development – Opportunity to build personal leadership skills, public speaking ability, organizational skills, etc.
- Fourth Degree – Eligibility to join the Patriotic Degree
- Honorary Life Membership – At age 70 with 25 years of membership
- Membership Card – Entitles participation in all Catholic, fraternal and social activities in member’s council and also in over 15,000 councils throughout the world
- Activities – participation in a variety of programs and activities conducted by your council