Good morning. This is a reminder, the Effingham Knights of Columbus will be hosting a Respect Life Rosary at the Sacred Heart Church at 6:00 pm, TODAY Please join us in praying a Rosary for the conversion of all people to Respect Life from conception to natural death. Refreshments in the Parish Center afterwards. Please pass the word. We hope to see you there! Thanks.
Rick and Jami Johnson Pro Life Chair couple Effingham K of C Council 665 ... See MoreSee Less
We want to send a heartfelt THANK YOU to our Parish Family and our extended Community Family. We feel so honored to have all of your prayers and concern for our son Rory. It moves our hearts how everyone has poured out prayers and more prayers and offers to help.
We wanted to give an update of Rory as your prayers have been helping. Things to praise God for are that he IS able to walk and he is talking and responding well now. Thanks be to God.
It is unclear at this point about the status of his vision or if his eye has motion as his eye has been swollen shut. We are asking our continued prayers at this time as the surgeons have decided to move sooner than later on his condition and his surgery will be this Friday at 7:00am.
This will be a major surgery. The incision will be from behind ear to ear across the top of his skull. It will involve cutting through many bones, removing bone pieces lodged in the covering of the brain and sewing up any brain leaks. Also at this time, they will reconstruct the orbit of his eye (the eye socket) as it will not hold his eye in place as it is. There will be Neuro surgeons, plastic surgeons and trauma surgeon involved in the surgery which is expected to take the whole morning.
It is a lot on a parent's heart but we feel so very loved and lifted up by ALL of you. THANK YOU!!! WE love you all and remember you all in prayer as well.
P.S. Pray also for his sisters who have been sick at home and cannot travel to see us.
God's Blessings be with ALL of You.
Josh, Timber, Wylie, Rory, Daisy and Gracie Jo Miller
Tootsie Rolls this Friday and Saturday for Intellectual Disabilities.
After the Tootsie roll candy expense, 90 percent of the funds raised stays local. The other 10 percent is used by the IL State Council for Special Olympics, grants, no interest or low interest loans for group homes.
Our Tootsie Roll Drive for Intellectual Disabilities is this Friday and Saturday.
BUT - On Saturday, September 22, the Effingham County Veterans will have their Fill the Helmet fundraiser for the Veterans Memorial at Jefferson and Third, Jefferson and Maple and Maple and Evergreen in the morning.
The K of C will still be at certain businesses and other areas of town during the day.
We appreciate the support this generous community has shown so far this weekend. Our community will have the opportunity to support both our Hometown Veterans and those with Intellectual Disabilities on Saturday morning. Please support the organization of your choice. Whether you support one or both, we all win. ... See MoreSee Less
Are you Pro-Life? Do you want to hear information on what victories have been achieved and the struggles that lie ahead? Do you want to be part of saving a life, a precious unborn child of God?
The Family Life Center Fundraiser is coming up on September 27 at 7 pm. Jor-El Godsey is the featured speaker. He is President of Heartbeat International which is dedicated equipping, empowering and encouraging leaders of pregnancy help centers.
As a Council, a donation was made to help underwrite the costs of the fundraiser - meal, speaker, printing, etc.
Our Council is also a table host and what we need are 6 Knights and wives (or guest) to join our Pro-Life Chaircouple Rick and Jami Johnson at the table. Reservations are needed and there is no cost but attendees are expected to make a personal donation or pledge to the Family Life Center.
Send us a message if interested. If we get more than 6, we will start another table. ... See MoreSee Less
The Tootsie Roll Drive for Intellectual Disabilities is on Sept. 21 and 22. Still need some volunteers for both days. 2 hour shifts collecting donations and handing out Tootsie Rolls. Friends and family members are welcome to help. 90 percent stays local. The 10 percent the State K of C gets is used to support Illinois Special Olympics, grants and loans for community homes, special education programs, etc. Send us a message if you want to help. Thank you ... See MoreSee Less